Bicol Express, Philippines
Bicol Express (Sinilihan) is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Filipino, lada panjang in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Indonesia), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion, pork, and garlic. It is said to have evolved from gulay na may lada, another Bicolano dish which is nowadays presented as one of the many variants of Bicol Express.
Bicol Express was named after the passenger train service from Manila to the Bicol region, a region in the Philippines famous for its spicy cuisine.
- betbetbetbetbet likes this
- mashl likes this
- aguhon reblogged this from fckyeahfilipinoculture
- fckyeahfilipinoculture reblogged this from pinoycuisine
- luzvimindarepublicmoved reblogged this from pinoycuisine
- pinoycuisine reblogged this from asean-community
- crossedwires likes this
- zslehb likes this
- asean-community posted this